Public viewing will take place starting on December 12th during regular Town hall hours and from 5:00-8:00 pm at the Tree Lighting Ceremony on Saturday, December 15th.
- Gingerbread houses must be edible – Imagination is encouraged
- Authentic Categories – Entries must be made from gingerbread using only food materials
- Kits are allowed but imagination is encouraged to make each look different
- Entries must be on a base no bigger than 12” x 12”
- Gingerbread houses must be dropped off between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM on December 10th or 11th, 2018 at Town Hall where the Gingerbread committee will be setting up houses
- Winners will be chosen by For the Love of Swampscott, December 15th. Houses will remain on display until December 19th.
- ALL HOUSES MUST BE PICKED UP ON Thursday, DECEMBER 20th BY 4:30 PM. Any house not picked up will be destroyed.
Awards will be judged on various categories:
Most Creative Best Holiday Spirit Best Adult (18 & over)
Best Teen (age 14-17) Best Youth (age 10-13) Best Child (9 & under)